Stole this MeMe from Tanya over at Dear Max, I thought it was a really cool review of 2013!
1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
I flew to Cape Town alone with my two girls. If you knew what a terrible phobia of flying I used to have, you’d know why this is amazing!
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn’t really make any resolutions for 2013 but I have a few for 2014 which I’ll blog about soon.
3. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve?
With our best friends, low key braai/cocktail party.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes and tomorrow our Loveness would have been 40 years old & I’m still battling to come to terms with her immense loss.
5. What countries did you visit?
Sadly, none, but I really am hoping to take a trip to Mauritius soon.
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
7. What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
24th April, the day of Hannah’s placement!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
See my self-esteem is so low that I can’t really think of anything that I did personally, as an achievement, but I did become a mom of two and that has been momentous!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Allowing myself to listen to and believe my very negative internal dialogue.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A house and we’re moving in a couple of months.
12. Where did most of your money go?
13. What song will always remind you of 2013?
Shinedown’s Amaryllis – which was released in 2012 but I fell in love with it this year, it really speaks to me, about destiny, about rising above, about going through a struggle and coming out on top. Listen to it, let me know what you think?
14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Did what I loved, loved what I did, 2014 is going to be a year of change for me.
15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Eat, drink, smoke.
16. What were your favourite TV shows?
Homeland and The Big Bang Theory.
17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nope, I don’t think I really hate anyone, I dislike certain people but I don’t hate them.
18. What was the best book you read?
Rainfall by Melissa Delport, you can read my top 5 books of 2013 here – Top 5 Reads Of 2013
19. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Emphatic! For sure, my favorite album of the year too!
20. What was your favourite film of this year?
Django! Which I watched on TV! Don’t be shocked but I don’t think I actually went to the movies this year!
21. What did you do on your birthday
Had a johl with some girlfriends at Beefcakes!
22. What kept you sane?
My husband & my anti-depressant.
23. Who did you miss?
Loveness! Every moment of everyday!
24. Who was the best new person you met?
I never actually met this person this year, but Tristan (Ava’s besties) Mom, has become a very dear friend to me over the past year!
25. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013:
- You can never please everyone!