I won’t lie. I’m not a big fan of breakfast. I know the “experts” will say that it’s the most important meal of the day, but for me, it’s simply just not! I’m rarely hungry first thing in the morning and struggle to eat before work.
That’s why I’m such a huge fan of granola.
But Banting granola. Just lots of roasted nuts and coconut, sprinkled over some full fat plain yoghurt is enough to keep me going until lunch time.
The problem is, Banting granola is often difficult to find and it’s quite expensive. There are a lot of pre-made products on the market, masquerading as banting granola, but when you read your food labels, you’ll discover they often times contain oats or pecan nuts, neither of which is banting. Not to mention added sugar in varying forms and chocolate! I mean really, chocolate as a health food? I wish! So it’s a no go for me.
I’ve tried a number of homemade banting granola recipes and this is my favorite one. Of course, with Food Lover’s Market nut bar, you can get a HUGE selection of nuts and all the ingredients you’ll need to make this recipe. And it’s easy peezy you guys, it will take you less than half an hour to prepare it. It also stores well in an airtight container.
Here is the recipe!
- 100g Walnuts
- 100g Macadamia nuts
- 100g Slivered Almonds
- 100g Pumpkin Seeds
- 100g Sunflower Seeds
- 100g Pumpkin Seeds
- 100g Coconut slivers
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons of Xylitol
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 160 degree C.
- Roughly chop your nuts
- Mix all your nuts & seeds together
- In a large pan, melt your coconut flower with the spices and Xylitol
- Once melted, toss in your nut/seed mixture and mix into the coconut oil, toast for a few minutes
- Pour into a baking tray and smooth out.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Pour onto paper towel and allow to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
- This is delicious as a snack or served over some full cream, plain yoghurt. For a little extra, you can add berries to your yogurt and granola.
- It makes a healthy and nutritious breakfast that keeps me going till lunch time.
Would you like to win a R500 Food Lover’s Market Voucher?
Use the Rafflecopter entry form below to enter. If you don’t know how to use the Rafflecopter entry mechanism, then read here.
T’s & C’s
- Only entries completed via Rafflecopter will be eligible
- Entrants must be residing within South Africa
- Competition closes on the 17th October
- I reserve the right to disqualify entrants