A manifesto is defined as a published verbal declaration of the intentions, motives, or views of the issuer. Well, I as the issuer am issuing a manifesto for myself. That pertains to what will
hopefully happen over the next two weeks.
You see, in two week’s time, I will be photographed by a professional photographer for a publication, I can’t say much about it right now, it’s all still under embargo, but the photo shoot is to show case my journey from this……
2014 was a magnificent year for me personally. My banting journey totally transformed my life and has had far reaching effects on my health and overall well being. But with all things in life, you can’t appreciate the good times unless you know the bad times too and 2015 was a terrible year for me personally. My depression spiraled out of control with near fatal/catastrophic effects and I literally lost control of my life for a while there, it’s only now, with time, treatment and healing, that I can recognize and say that what happened in November was me having a complete breakdown of the mental and emotional kind.
Add to that, my foot injury that kept me from running for over 6 months and I’ll be honest enough to say, I do not look like my before picture anymore. I’ve gained about 6kg’s and because of the reduced exercise, my body is not as toned as it was in those after photo’s. I’ve also developed some bad habits over the last 6 months or so, which I like to blame on my depression but I need to also get real and hold myself accountable for this too, not exercising enough and allowing myself free reign to eat whatever I want over weekends and well…. the picture is just not pretty!
You guys, I am a food addict. I have a highly addictive personality, the addictive gene is strong in me. I am addicted to food and sugar is my heroine.
So here’s my manifesto for the next two weeks:
- I will run a minimum of 5 times a week.
- I will not drink my daily glass of wine but save it for a social event, should one arise.
- I will stick to the principles of banting and ONLY banting for the next 14 days.
- I will attempt to lose a minimum of 5kg’s over the next 14 days – with banting, believe me, this can be done.
- I will post and share my struggles, trials and food diaries over the next 14 days for those of you who want to do this with me.
- I will rely on you and this here manifesto to keep me accountable.
- I will expect nothing but all of the above from myself.
- I will not fail.
- I will triumph.
Are you with me?
Can I get a Oorah?