In Collaboration With Food Lover’s Market
Breakfast’s as a banter can be fairly limited. There’s only so many times you can eat boiled eggs, fried eggs, scrambled eggs and bacon. Obviously commercial breakfast serials or a good old slice of Marmite toast is simply not going to cut it. So breakfast egg muffins are a staple in our house because they can be prepared ahead of time and popped into the microwave for a couple of seconds and hey, presto, you have a delicious, healthy, sugar free and satisfying breakfast in seconds.
They can be an SOB to make. It’s taken me a while, searching through thousands of recipes online and trial and error to perfect a recipe that works for us. I saw a few of you commented that you struggle to get them out of the muffin pan after baking and I had the same issue, they would either always get stuck, or break when I tried to remove them.
After much trial and error, I’ve found the perfect hack!
The secret is in adding something to the egg mixture to give it a bit more substance and firmness during baking. And this was such an easy recipe, I even created a YouTube Video to show you how to do it!
Check this out:
These were delicious, tasty and they kept well in the fridge overnight so we could enjoy them over a few days.
Here is a printable version of the recipe:
- 6 x Eggs
- 1 Cup Marscapone Cheese
- Packet of Bacon
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 1 Packet of washed baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2. Grease a muffin pan using butter.
- 3. Rinse and chop your favourite bits (I used onions, bacon & spinach)
- 4. In frying pan, sauté your favourite bits until cooked and slightly browned. Once cooked, set aside.
- 5. In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs on high speed with salt & pepper, add the marscapone cheese and blend well.
- 6. Fill bottom of muffin pan about 2cm with your sautéed bits and pouring egg mixture over this until muffin pan just under full.
- 7. Place in oven and cook for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 8. Allow to cool
- 9. Once cooled, slide a flat butter knife around the edges to loosen the sides and remove from the pan.
- 10. Enjoy!
- These are delicious served straight out of the oven but they also keep well in an airtight container in the fridge and heated for 30 seconds the following day.
Would you like to win a R500 Food Lover’s Market voucher?
Simply follow the Rafflecopter entry prompts below to be eligible to win!
T’s & C’s
- The R500.00 voucher cannot be traded for cash.
- Winners of the competition cannot enter again in order for everyone to have a fair chance of winning.
- The competition is open to all South Africans, nationally.
- The competition is monthly.
- Winners will be notified via email
- Competition closes on the 31st January
- I reserve the right to disqualify entries