Sponsored by Food Lover’s Market
If you’re as focused on healthy eating as I am, then I bet you have already started have a little bit of anxiety of the large amounts of food you plan to feast on this festive season. Am I right? Well, have I got a treat for you! You CAN have your cake and eat it this Christmas with this delicious recipe!
Pumpkin, Brandy, Cranberry Christmas Cake
This delicious cake, which makes a welcome change from the same old same old fruit cakes, which almost no one likes anyway, is sugar free, wheat free and gluten free. It’s sticky, delicious and surprisingly spicy! Just a note, you probably won’t lose weight eating this cake, but it’s still a far healthier alternative!
Served warm or cold with a dollop of whipped cream, it is to die for!
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 11/2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ginger
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- Zest of 1 orange
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup xylitol
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup pumpkin, grated
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra brandy
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Grease and line 18cm cake tin
- Soak cranberries in brandy over night
- Mix dry ingredients together: almond flour, baking soda, salt, spices, orange and lemon zest
- Beat eggs, xylitol and vanilla until light and fluffy
- Reduce speed and slowly drizzle in melted butter
- Fold in dry ingredients
- Add in pumpkin, walnuts, cranberries and brandy
- Mix to combine
- Pour batter into baking tin and bake for 40 minutes, until cake is firm to the touch and tooth pick inserted comes out clean
- While cake is still hot drizzle with the extra alcohol or orange juice if desired
- Allow cake to cool and place in fridge over night
- Very delicious served hot or cold with a dollop of whipped cream!
Want to bake this cake?
You can get all your ingredients for this recipe at your nearest Food Lover’s Market and as part of the #foodloversfetsive, you could win a R500 Food Lover’s Market voucher right here!
How To Win:
Follow the Rafflecopter entry prompts to be eligible. Not sure how to use Rafflecopter? Here’s a simple video.
T’s & C’s:
- The R500.00 voucher cannot be traded for cash.
- Winners of the competition cannot enter again in order for everyone to have a fair chance of winning.
- The competition is open to all South Africans, nationally.
- The competition is monthly.
- Winners will be notified via email
- Competition closes on the 30th November