So it’s been a while since I’ve done a #fat2fab update…. not because I haven’t been sticking with our new eating plan, I just really haven’t had much to share. I’ve been battling with a bit of a weight loss plateau over the past few weeks and at times it’s been soul destroying. To be so good and watch your weight just not move. The past few weeks, in spite of my best efforts, my weight has gone up, then come down, then gone up, then come down.
The good news is that I’m my lowest weight I’ve been in more than a decade. I haven’t taken my measurements again, we moved house a couple of weeks ago and have no idea where my tape measure is, but the scale and my before and after photo’s speak volumes:
Sometimes it’s easy to forget that I am doing well, that I have achieved more in on this weight loss journey than I realize. It’s when I take these before and after photo’s that I become aware of just how far I’ve come, even though I still have a long way to go… 30kg’s still to go… it feels like an insurmountable mountain to climb, but I’m trying to stay focused on small goals and on focusing on how much I’ve achieved already. 14kg’s so far!
I am still battling with leg cramps but no more sweet or carb cravings… not at all. And while it has, at times been tough, it’s been easier than I thought it would and besides, who was it that said “nothing tastes as good as thin feels”?
And now for the recipe you’ve all been asking for. Yesterday I made a LCHF Chocolate Mocha Cake and it was heavenly! Moist, rich and very very decadent!
- Spray ‘n Cook
- 5 Large eggs
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 2.5 cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup sugar substitute (I used Xylitol)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons dry instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
Mocha Buttercream Frosting
- 4 tablespoons of butter, softened
- 220g’s full fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon of instant coffee powder
- 3 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place oven rack in the center position and preheat at 180 degress. Spray an 8 inch round cake pan with Spray ‘n Cook.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs until frothy. Add the vanilla extract & 1/4 cup tap water to the bowl, beating to combine.
- In another bowl, mix together all the remaining ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and beat until well blended.
- Pour into cake pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes, then refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Whip together all the frosting ingredients till smooth and fluffy. Spread evenly across the cake & decorate with nuts (optional extra)
- Calories: 265
- Fat: 23.5 grams
- Protein: 9 grams
- Fiber: 3.5 grams
- Carbs: 4 grams
You can also slice the cake through the centre and add more frosting there. It’s very moist and delicious and the butter cream icing is very rich, it makes a delicious chocolatey treat!