In Collaboration With Food Lover’s Market
The silly season is upon us. That time of year, we love and hate in equal measures. Holidays, fun, family, kicking back and relaxing, eating and drinking and being merry. It’s amazing. It’s also utterly exhausting.
By now, most of us have our Christmas plans in place. We know who’s going where and who’s bringing what. Menu’s have been planned and the preparation is underway. It’s that one day of the year where we try to eat, drink and be merry with our families, in between the fighting and the laughinig and the sound of Christmas crackers being pulled, just all the chaos that is Christmas lunch.
We will be in Jozi again this Christmas, which means the responsibility for hosting Christmas lunch will once again fall to me. But I have already planned to make this firm family favorites for my family this Christmas.
Roasted Pumpkin, Sweet Potato, Feta Cauliflower Salad.
Trust me, this recipe is quick, easy and utterly delicious, eaten hot or cold. So head down to your nearest Food Lover’s Market to grab the ingredients and add this fail proof recipe to your Christmas lunch menu! You’ll thank me for it, I promise you!
- 1 Cup of peeled and diced sweet potatoes
- 1 Cup of peeled and diced pumpkin
- 3 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil, melted
- 2 Tablespoons of butter, melted
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons of Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 Large head of Cauliflower, blitzed to make cauli-rice
- 2 Tablespoons of Dried Cranberries
- A Drizzle of Olive Oil
- 100g Feta Cheese
- Preheat the oven at 200 degrees C
- Toss the sweet potato and pumkin in the coconut oil and butter on a roasting tray
- Season with salt & pepper and roast for around 30 minutes or until just before it's fully cooked.
- Toss in the pumpkin seeds and pop back in the oven for 2 minutes
- Remove the baking tray and stir in the cauli-rice and cranberries
- Back in the oven for 5 minutes
- Once out of the oven, transfer to your serving dish, drizzle with olive oil and stir through the feta cheese.
- This is a very filling salad. You can either enjoy it as a side dish or as a meal all on it's own but I promise you it is delicious!
How To Win:
Follow the Rafflecopter entry prompts to be eligible. Not sure how to use Rafflecopter? Here’s a simple video.
T’s & C’s:
- The R500.00 voucher cannot be traded for cash.
- Winners of the competition cannot enter again in order for everyone to have a fair chance of winning.
- The competition is open to all South Africans, nationally.
- The competition is monthly.
- Winners will be notified via email