Sponsored by Food Lover’s Market
I know a lot of people love chicken livers, but I’m NOT one of those people. I’m really just not a fan. I don’t like the texture of the liver at all. But I DO love a good chicken liver pate.
And now I’ve found a recipe that is as good, if not better, than your favorite store bought chicken liver pate!
This recipe is divine. It’s rich and creamy and easy peasy to make! Delicious served as a dip with veggie sticks or with your favorite low carb seed crackers. Perfect as a starter to your Christmas lunch. The recipe also yields a fair amount so no need to worry if you’re serving a larger group of people. I got 3 large ramekins of pate from the one recipe.
- 200g Butter
- 1 Medium Onion
- 500g Chicken Livers
- 1/2 Cup Brandy
- 1 Bunch of fresh Sage
- Melt the butter and fry the finely chopped onion still caramelized.
- Add the washed chicken livers and brandy and saute for about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the surface with Nutmeg
- Toss on the bunch of fresh Sage leaves.
- Stir through.
- In a food processor, blend till you get that perfect, smooth, creamy consistency.
- Dish into ramekins and refrigerate.
- Serve with low carb seed crackers or veggie sticks.
Would you like to win a R500 Food Lover’s Market voucher so you can create your own perfect pate starter or snack?
Simply use the Rafflecopter entry form to be eligible to win!
Don’t know how to use Rafflecopter? See here:
T’s & C’s
- The R500.00 voucher cannot be traded for cash.
- Winners of the competition cannot enter again in order for everyone to have a fair chance of winning.
- The competition is open to all South Africans, nationally.
- The competition is monthly.
- Winners will be notified via email
- Competition closes on the 31st December
- I reserve the right to disqualify entries