And, if you’re thinking I’m in a terrible state about leaving Hannah and returning to work on Monday… well, you’d be wrong. I’ve had a great 4 months off, I really have enjoyed my maternity leave so much more than I did the first time around and it’s been a great time of reflection, of cementing who I am and what I’m about as a person, of exploring opportunities and so many great things have happened.
- I quit smoking, can you believe it? Tomorrow it’s been 4 months since a cigarette touched these lips and I am so very very proud of myself.
- It was once again reaffirmed for me that I am NOT cut out for being a stay at home mom. Maybe if I became a raging alcoholic I could do it? But not sure that would be best for my girls.
- I was reminded of how much I love little girls and how much fun little girls things can be, from the toys to the clothes!
- I went away on holiday…. TWICE!
- I am a rock star, I traveled alone with two young children and overcame my fear of flying!
- I attended lots of product launches and it was great to get so spoiled.
- We hosted lots of play dates.
- I did a lot of walking, on my own and with my children
- Loveness is a God send,without her, our family just cannot function.
- I did a lot of baking.
- I cooked a lot!
- I spent time with friends.
- I only read two books, too busy with too little time for reading.
- I became an iPhone convert, App addict and Instaaddict when I joined Instagram.
- I miss earning a proper salary and HATE having to rely on others for money, I LIKE being independent!
- We had our TV debut!
- I was interviewed for TV TWICE – once for Doctors Orders and once for TalkSA.
- I was interviewed for a magazine article which will appear in the Your Baby mag for September that goes on sale next week! Adoption Your Baby Sept 2013
- My husband is the best husband in the world for ME!
- I extended my tattoo, something I’ve wanted to do for years, into a full wrist cuff.
- Motherhood really is FAR easier the second time around.
Do I feel guilty about leaving my girls? Yes, especially when Ava told me yesterday that she doesn’t want me to go back to work because she’s going to miss me, but I NEED to return to work, working and having something just for me and being financially independent are very much apart of what makes me feel whole and helps me be a better mom.
But I am ready. It’s been fabulous but it’s over now and it’s time for me to return to my life the way it was and should be, the way I need it to be. Don’t get me wrong, I’d still far rather have a job that required I work from home *hint hint for anyone out there reading this who has the power to make that come true for me* ,that would really give me the best of both worlds, but for now, this will do!