It’s been a week and two days since Lisa-Marie’s beloved passed away suddenly and completely unexpectedly and in that time a couple of things have become abundantly clear to me:
- Each new day is a gift not a guarantee, embrace it & hold your loved ones close.
- A lifetime can be very short
- Travers touched the lives of everyone he came into contact with.
- Lisa-Marie & Isabella are very very loved and in everyone’s hearts during this difficult time of grieving.
Today is Travers’s memorial. It will be a very tough day for Lisa-Marie & Isabella and all of Travers’s family and friends.
I saw Lisa-Marie last Thursday evening. It was a very tough visit. I was very scared. In the end it landed up being a very special evening, drinking wine, laughing, crying, hugging, snot, tissues and special memories reminisced. But the one thing that I so clearly took away from my time spent with Lisa-Marie is that she wants Travers’s life celebrated. She wants to remember. She wants to be loved, supported and encouraged during this time. She wants you to share your memories, your thoughts and your condolences with her.
So whether you know Lisa-Marie personally or as Chopper from the forum or are a friend in the computer and you’d like to show your love and support to her and Isabella as they bid farewell to their beloved Beary today, here are some ways you can do it:
- Light a candle
- Make a donation to Barking Mad in Travers’s name
- Pay via EFTPayments can be made to the banking detais below.
* Please take note of our new banking details *
Account Name: Dogtown South Africa Branch Code: 254005 Account Number: 62240425571 Bank: First National Bank Location: Cnr Main And Republic Road City Randburg Postal Code: 2194 Sort Code: FIRNZAJ
- Drink some Castle Light (Lisa-Marie does apologize for requiring you to drink such kak beer)
- Braai some fillet steaks
- And listen to this song in Travers’s memory:
Most of all, share your images with her on Face Book. If you’re not friends on Face Book, email them to me and I’ll make sure she gets them, or or directly to her if you have her email addie or tweet them to me using the #RIPTravers
This is how we will be remembering you Travers. The most epic new years celebration ever: Langebaan, drinks, a Barney balloon and a whole lot of butt smacking and Oh Yeah’s.
Tonight we drink those beers for you & we engulf Lisa-Marie and Isabella in our love today!