Have you guys watched Lip Sync Battle on MTV? It’s one of my favorite shows, I always have such a good laugh as celebrities are pitted against each other in an epically fun battle of lip syncing. One of my favorite ones was Channing Tatum (yum) lip syncing to Beyonce!
And now, Lip Sync Battles is coming to Africa too! Starting on the 14th April at 20h50, here’s what LL Cool J has to say about it:
So when MTV Africa got in touch and asked me to participate in the #lsbChallenge, I jumped at the chance to have a little fun!
Here’s how the challenge works:
- Pick a song of your choice (see the list), it could be local or international. From the good old days or spanking new.
- Make sure you’re photo ready. Hair combed, eyebrows fleeking, etc.
- Then record a video of yourself lip syncing to your song of choice (note: Lip sync not sing). You can bring on back up dancers, have choreography and costumes are welcome too. Do it in the car, the shower, just do it…
- Post your 15 second or 30second video on Twitter and use the hashtag #LSBChallenge and challenge someone you know…a fellow celebrity to also take on the challenge.
- Tag @mtvafrica and @MTVbaseAfrica in your post.
So on Saturday, about 3 hours into Hannah’s birthday party and after a couple of glasses of wine and getting stuck into the kids fancy dress box, my friends and I came up with an idea for the #LSBChallenge…. introducing the Whine Girls Wannabe….
And then…. well, we tried to do a second take, but it landed up being more about throwing water all over each other….
And now…. I challenge Cindy because I think she’s also a bok for sport!