It’s been two years since I started my Banting journey. In that time I have lost 35kg’s and maintained a healthier weight and now that I’m in maintenance we stick to an 80/20 principle in our home. I still don’t eat any wheat based foods and really focus on limiting my carbs.
But really, what is more delicious than potato skins right? So after this video popped up in my time line over the weekend, I decided to give it a bash:
On the banting lifestyle, sweet potatoes are on the orange list which means that they can be eaten on occasion and this is a delicious treat meal that is still in line with the principles of banting and low carb:
- Sweet potatoes, bacon, cheese, sour cream, avo, chives, butter, salt & pepper.
- Roast your sweet potatoes for approximately an hour or until done at around 180 degrees.
- Allow to cool.
- Slice in half and scoop out the "meat"
- Take the empty skins, flip them over & brush with olive oil, then roast them for a further 10 minutes.
- Take the flesh of your sweet potatoes and mash it with butter, salt and pepper.
- Flip the skins over again and fill with the mashed flesh.
- Cover with bacon fried bacon bits and sprinkle with cheese
- Pop them back in the oven till the cheese as melted.
- Top them with chopped, fresh chives and serve.
- These are delicious served with sour cream and avo for dipping.