So yesterday I posted this photo to Face Book:
And had a lot of requests for the recipe.
This is my Mom’s famous Crunchie recipe, growing up, we were NEVER without Crunchies in our house. My Mom was always baking them, she said they were a healthy snack for us. Now with me being on maternity leave for the 2nd time, I’m reminded again of just how I am not cut out for being a SAHM, I am SO bored and have taken to baking to keep myself busy during Hannah’s long sleeps during the day, lest I lose my mind completely over the next few months.
So last week I made my Mom’s famous Crunchie’s for the first time and Walter pronounced me a Crunchie Queen, he raved about them and within a couple of days, our first batch was finished, so I made another batch yesterday and as promised, here is the recipe:
Mom’s Famous Crunchies:
- 2x Cups Flour
- 2x Cups Coconut
- 2x Cups Jungle Oats
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 2x Tablespoons golden syrop
- 250 grams marg (I used butter as I prefer the taste)
- 2x teaspoons bicarb soda
- 2x Tablespoons hot water
- Place flour,coconut,oats & sugar in big bowl
- Melt marg and golden syrup in big pot
- Dissolve bicarb in hot water in mug
- Pour bicarb mix into hot marg mix (it will bubble up so be careful)
- Pour this all into flour mix.Mix well (like dough)
- Press this into greased baking tray (I then use rolling pin and roll flat)
- Bake at350f/180c for about 30 mins (ovens vary)
Et voila…. a delicious and SUPER easy recipe! Enjoy!