One of our
favorite meals…. actually, scrap that, one of my favorite meals, because it’s quick, easy and nutritious, is LCHF bobotie. It literally takes 20 minutes to prepare and an hour cooking time total and it’s yummy! Which makes it the perfect mid week meal! And my kids eat it too, when I go easy on the cayenne pepper!
And of course, the perfect, fresh, quality ingredients are available and your favorite Food Loves Market, so it’s a win all round!
- 2x Onions
- 1 tea spoon crushed garlic
- 500g mince
- 2 tea spoons of curry powder
- 1 tea spoon of coriander
- 1 tea spoon of giner
- 1/5 tea spoon mixed herbs
- 1 tea spoon tumeric
- 1/5 tea spoon cinnamon
- 1/5 tea spoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 cup double cream yoghurt
- 2x eggs
- salt & pepper to taste
- knob of butter
- 2x Bay Leave
- Melt a knob of butter in a large pot
- add the garlic and chopped onion
- Once the onion is transparent, add the mince
- Brown the mince
- Once the mince is browned add the spices
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C
- Stir and cook the mince mixture till browned and fragrant
- Decant into an oven dish
- Blend the yoghurt, eggs, salt & pepper
- Tuck bay leaves mince mixture
- Pour yoghurt mixture over mince
- Bake for 35 minutes
- Because this is a Banting recipe, we do not eat rice, so we enjoy ours with a tomato and onion salad and a side of Avo.
Wanna try this perfect busy week dinner? Then follow the instructions below!
Want to win a R500 Food Lovers Market voucher? Then follow the Rafflecopter entry prompts below!
Not sure how to enter a Rafflecopter giveaway, see here: How To Enter A Rafflecopter Competition
a Rafflecopter giveaway
T’s & C’s
- The voucher cannot be traded for cash
- Open to South African residents only
- The competition will run for one month & across two blog posts