This is a recipe inspired by shakshuka but one that I de-spiced a little in order to make it kid friendly as my children are not huge fans of overly spicey foods.
It’s a firm favorite in our house, banting friendly and quick and easy to make. It makes both a beautiful bang up dinner or a delicious weekend brunch.
- Table Spoon of butter
- Tea spoon crushed garlic
- 2x onions
- 500g mince
- 1 tin tomato purree
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1-2 tea spoons of Paprika
- 4 large eggs
- Melt the butter in a saucepan
- Add the garlic and chopped onions and simmer till translucent
- Add the mince and stir fry till crumbly and brown
- Add the paprika and salt and pepper.
- Add the tomato puree and leave to simmer till most of the liquid has cooked away.
- Take a square oven proof dish and spray with non stick.
- Pour the mince mixture into the dish and hollow our cup sizes for the eggs.
- Crack the eggs into the hollowed out cups.
- Pop in the oven for 20 minutes at 180 degrees c
- Delicious served with a little grated cheese on top!