On my journey to parenthood, I’ve spent a lot of time focusing on and thinking about the things I want to achieve on this journey. I’ve blogged about the growth I’ve achieved/am achieving, about how I’ve become a deeper, more thoughtful, more sensitive person along this journey, but in the last week or so, I’ve also been thinking alot about the things I don’t want, there are a lot of things I don’t want to have happen to me on this journey:
- I don’t want to ever forget this journey and what I’ve learned
- I don’t want to forget the pain of this journey
- I don’t want to become one of those women who forget how painful infertility is & brushes off the pain of others or becomes so self absorbed that all I can think about is what about me?
- I don’t want to be so all consumed in my own pregnancy that I forget about my IF sisters and their hurts and needs
- I don’t want to become one of those women that thinks that everyone who doesn’t show 100% interest in her pregnancy all of the time must either be jealous or not a very nice person
- I don’t want to be flip about others pregnancy announcements or negative treatment announcements
- I don’t want to dispense assvice, like was dispensed to a friend of mine who was told the reason she’s miscarried was because she was incapable of feeling truly joyful for others pregnancies
- I don’t want to be so conceited as to think that I’m deserving of this blessing anymore so than anyone else.
What are some of the things you NEVER want to forget?