I love stir fry’s. All those beautiful, colorful and fresh ingredients and as a busy, working mom, it’s super quick and easy too. I’m all about convenience and this is one of the main reason’s I’ve enjoyed my shopping experience at Food Lover’s Market – Nicolway, this past week.
Not only do I find their stores visually appealing but I love the easy layout and I’ve been blown away by the quality of their food and that they cater for everybody with their fresh fruits and veg, bakery, butchery (where I got the most divine pork chops EVER) fish market, even a health food section too. Not to mention their really well priced nuts and cheeses!
So on Tuesday evening, I made our favorite. It’s a recipe I sort of made up myself after one of my favorite noodle dishes, but now being a banter, I no longer eat noodles so I substitute the noodles with zoodles. My husband and I love my Sesame Chicken Stir Fry with Red Chili.
And here’s how you can make it:
- 4x Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 table spoon of olive oil
- unsweetened soy sauce
- half a cup sesame seeds
- 2 tea spoons of red chili paste
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 2 onions
- 2 punnets of baby marrows or a packet of zoodles
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Slice the chicken breasts into strips & soak for half an hour in soy sauce (generously covered)
- Heat the olive oil in a wok or similar
- Once hot, flash fry the chicken till almost done
- Add in the red chili paste & sesame seeds
- Keep stirring
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Add in the onions & peppers
- Keep stirring
- Spiralize your baby marrows or if you're using ready done zoodles
- Toss in marrows about 2 minutes before the end of the cooking process
- Stir fry until just crunchy but still colorful and not overdone.
- You can also throw in some cashew nuts but this will make the meal low carb and not banting.
- You can also use less or more red chili paste, depending on how hot & spicy you want it.
Would you like to to win a R500 shopping voucher from Food Lover’s Market to try out this recipe? Simply follow the Rafflecopter entry points below.
Not sure how to enter a Rafflecopter giveaway, see here: How To Enter A Rafflecopter Competition
T’s & C’s
- The voucher cannot be traded for cash
- Open to South African residents only
- The competition will run for one month & across two blog posts