1. What did you do in 2014 that you’d never done before?
I ran (walked, crawled, cried) a half marathon! Yeah! Go me!
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
YES! Probably for the first time in my life, I kept my new years resolution, to live a healthier life and I did it!
I already have my resolution set for next year and it will be as tough and challenging as this years one! I am GOING TO quite smoking.
3. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve?
At home, with friends, a braai, some music and wine! Of course there will be wine!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes! One of my most special friends lost her husband and in the process I lost a friend too. .
Also, our Spike-A-Doodles went walk about at never came back and my heart tells me he is dead!
5. What countries did you visit?
Sadly none! But maybe next year….
6. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?
Healthy lungs…. See that new years resolution!
7. What date from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
22nd February, celebrating Hanna’s first birthday!
29th September, having the privilege of celebrating my Dad’s 70th birthday with him!
25th November, the day Travers died.
16th December, the day I found out I’d won the #fat2fab challenge.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Winning the #fat2fab challenge and losing 32kg’s & gaining a whole lot of good health in the process!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Gosh this is a tough one. I feel like I fail on a daily basis, especially as a mother, I constantly feel like I could be doing more, being more and doing better where my children are concerned. Nothing will ever be enough or good enough when it comes to those two precious little beings.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope! Since I started banting, I no longer get sick. Aside from a mild kidney infection at the beginning of this year, I’ve been completely illness free, not even a cold!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Our new house! Although it’s probably also been the biggest cause of stress this year, adjusting to paying a much larger bond and of course the addition rates and other bills that go along with home ownership.
12. Where did most of your money go?
Bonds and bills, schooling and food!
13. What song will always remind you of 2014?
Katie Perry’s Roar because it’s Ava’s favorite song and while everyone was singing “do you wanna build a snowman”, she has been singing ï’ve got the eye of a tiger…”
14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Visiting my family and friends in Cape Town.
15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worked! I don’t ever want to quit my job but I’d love to be able to scale back further.
16. What were your favourite TV shows?
I’m not a big TV fan, there is only one show I watch without fail…. Homeland!
17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nope. There are people that irritate me or that I don’t necessarily like but hate is a very strong word, so no.
I did have some reason/season friendships that fell away this year but with the passing of time I see it was for the best anyway.
18. What was the best book you read?
John Green’s The Fault In Our Stars! Love love love!
19. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Shinedown whose song Amaryllis became the theme song for my year and the inspiration behind the floral design for my next tattoo!
The words from the song really resonate with me, they speak to my soul and remind me of who I used to be and what I’ve become. Just like the Amaryllis, growing in a barren desert, I bloomed!
[embedplusvideo height=”425″ width=”645″ editlink=”http://bit.ly/13eQmix” standard=”http://www.youtube.com/v/GCZpCBoqNtA?fs=1″ vars=”ytid=GCZpCBoqNtA&width=645&height=425&start=&stop=&rs=w&hd=0&autoplay=0&react=1&chapters=¬es=” id=”ep5029″ /]
20. What was your favourite film of this year?
See no. 18, favorite book and movie this year – The Fault In Our Stars
21. What did you do on your birthday
Had some friends over for a braai.
22. What kept you sane?
My husband, my children (although they participated in the insanity too) my family & my friends.
24. Who was the best new person you met?
Heather! She is one of Ava’s friends mom’s and we’ve become good buddies!
25. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014
I can do anything I set my mind to!