It’s back to work, back to school, pretty much to normal transmission around here this week. The festive season has come and gone. We’ve eaten, we’ve drunk and we’ve been merry, but now it’s time to get back to the serious business of healthy! And this Banting Cracked Chicken recipe is literally what every working mom needs to add to her arsenal of go-to, quick, healthy meals for the whole family. Best of all, you cook it in just ONE pot, your Instant Pot.
- 8 slices of bacon
- 1kg of filleted chicken breasts
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of fresh chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons of crushed garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of dried dill
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar
- 1 spring onion
- 700g of full fat cream cheese
- Turn Instant Pot to saute mode and cook bacon until crisp.
- Add the chicken breasts (uncut) to the bacon, along with all the seasonings and chicken stock/broth, give it a good stir to ensure it’s mixed.
- Seal your Instant Pot & close the vent. Choose the poultry mode & allow to cook for the full 15 minutes.
- Vent the valve to release the steam.
- Remove your chicken breasts and shred them with two forks.
- Set your Instant Pot to saute mode and return the chicken to the pot, along with your cream cheese. Stir until the cream cheese is melted.
- Serve as a delicious filling for your kids
sandwhiches, on low carb seed crackers, on a bed of wilted spinach, over caulirice or with zoodles. So damn delicious!
So Damn Delicious
I made this recipe last week and enjoyed it as a light lunch on Friday, served on low carb seed crackers. I then put the remains into an oven dish, mixed in some wilted fresh spinach and covered with cheese and grilled till the cheese was warmed, I then served it on a bed of steamed zoodles and it was so damn delicious.
I especially love that my children love this recipe too and because it yields a fairly large number of servings, you can make this one effort stretch for a couple of different meals.