A lot of people falsely assume that as a Banter, I can pretty much only have bacon and eggs for breakfast. WRONG!
The is a huge selection of breakfast foods I choose to enjoy that don’t include sugar laden breakfast cereals and toast. Some of my favorites are in fact bacon and eggs, or poached eggs on Avo, smoothies and low carb rusks. The difference is partly in the preparation. For example, my smoothies don’t contain any banana or other fruits high in carbs, aside from berries.
But one of my favorites is a Chia and Berry Pot. This morning I made Blueberry, Chia and Coconut pots for breakfast:
I love it because it’s pretty, it’s tasty and it’s quick to make! Not to mention that Chai seeds are incredibly healthy!
To top things off, chia seeds are a “whole grain” food, are usually grown organically, are non-GMO and naturally free of gluten. Bottom Line: Despite their tiny size, chia seeds are among the most nutritious foods on the planet. They are loaded with fiber, protein, Omega-3 fatty acids and various micronutrients.
- Full cream or double cream plain yoghurt
- Cup of Blueberries
- Chia seeds
- Low Carb Granola
- Cocnut shavings
- Choosing the ramekin or pot you'd like to serve in.
- Start with a layer of Low Carb Granola (Raising Super Heroes has a great recipe for this) in the bottom.
- Layer two tablespoons of yoghurt on top
- A layer of Blueberries (you can puree them too first)
- Then a couple of teaspoons of Chia seeds
- Another layer of yoghurt
- Keep layering until your bowl or ramekin is full.
- Top off with some coconut shavings, blueberries and a teaspoon or raw honey.
- Allow to stand for a minimum of 10 minutes before serving to allow the Chia seeds to swell and get gooey.
- This also keeps well in the fridge for a couple of days.