Tomorrow…

We are taking Ava-Grace to visit her honorary Aunties, our social workers, Wilna & Leigh tomorrow afternoon and I’m very excited to have them see her and see how well she is doing. I’m hoping they will pass this info on to our birth mom and that it will offer her reassurance that she made the right decision. I’m also planning to enquire about how our birth mom is doing. There is still not a day that goes by where I don’t think of her – fondly. We never heard from her around Ava’s 1st birthday, which surprised me, given that she had sent us messages for mother’s day and fathers day in the past year. I’m taking this as a sign that perhaps, a year on, she is trying to move on with her life. To some degree let go and move forward. My prayer for her is that she will be able to do this, that she will be able to live a joyful, fulfilling life and not be held back by chains of sadness over her decision to give up such a precious gift.

We will also be discussing the process for number 2.  Not that any decision has been made about that yet but it would be nice to have all the information before weighting up our options.

We are also planning to start the process for application to emigrate to Australia when we get home, so that is also something which has to be considered when thinking about attempting round 2 of adoption.

All both Walter and I are sure of is that we want to leave South Africa, whether that be with one child or two, only time will tell. But for right now our priority is ensuring the best future we possibly can for Ava-Grace.

7 Comments

  • lea2109

    January 5, 2011 at 8:36 pm

    Can’t wait to hear how your meeting went. And how exciting to finally start the plans to begin a new adventure in another country.

    Reply
  • pandoragelb

    January 5, 2011 at 8:38 pm

    Yes, number 2 has been on my mind too lately, but we are still leaning towards staying with one. Hope you enjoy the visit with Wilna and Leigh.
    Last Christmas our BM requested some photos just before Christmas, but not this time. I suppose at some point they do need to move on. We will never stop feeling eternally grateful to them though.
    I so get the emigration thing as well. It is something we have also discussed, and we will see what happens.
    Lots of luck with all the decision making!

    Reply
  • To Love Bella

    January 6, 2011 at 11:16 am

    I am still not sure about No 2 – that 60-day thing is (for me, personally) off putting. HOWEVER, when I see and hear about friends who are taking their sons to cricket, I feel a little sad for Travers that he may never be able to do that. Granted, Bella may enjoy it, but for how long before she becomes totally girly?
    One thing that I DO know, is that I know in my heart that I would feel differently if we were to have had a boy now. I’ve always always wanted a little girl…
    Would you specify gender the second time ’round? I think that we probably would, should we go for Round Two.

    Reply

I LOVE comments, leave yours here:

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

UA-31936683-1
%d bloggers like this: